ABN and ACN fields offer input validation to ensure that any ABN or ACN details are collected correctly in your smart online forms. When a valid ABN/ACN is provided, the entity name will be displayed. Both ABN and ACN fields will correctly display the ABN/ACN formatting in the smart online form and in your document if merged.
To add an ABN or ACN field:
- Navigate to the section where you want to add an ABN or ACN field.
- Select "New Field".
- In the field selection menu, select either ABN or ACN depending on your requirements.
- In the field edit panel, give the field a label and press "Save".
Validation error messages
There are two possible validation error message that can be displayed:
- When the format of the ABN/ACN is invalid, an error message; "This isn't a valid ABN/ACN" will be displayed.
- When the format of the ABN/ACN is valid but is not currently used, and error message; "No company was found with the ABN number provided" will be displayed.